Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Sunday, February 05, 2006

 

Feelings of Inadequacy

The other day my wife and I were in Lafayette, the city where we met.

It was strange going back to Lafayette, Indiana. It's kind of a crummy city. Living here in Indianapolis, I guess I got used to never being more than 20 minutes from a TGI Friday's. Now that's what I call civilization. Also, Lafayette stinks. I mean that it smells badly.

It was strange returning to Lafayette because, after 12 years away, I ran into a woman that I knew when I was a student at Purdue. I felt like I had to apologize or explain myself. I didn't want her to think that I had never gotten away from Lafayette. I've seen penguins, for crying out loud. I've been sea kayaking with baby seals. I didn't want her to think that I had never accomplished anything in my life, that I hadn't even made it out of town.

Then she told me she still worked in a cafeteria. Suddenly my feelings of inadequacy disappeared.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!