Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Friday, January 06, 2006

 

Simple Reminders

It can be shocking how God answers prayers.

My wife has decided to put off grad school. They wanted eight grand for the first semester. Yikes. I told her that I'd like to spend some time with her, since we've both been in school for so long. It would be nice to get re-acquainted. I'm so pleased we're both graduating in May. Me with my RN and her with a BS in Psychology.

With us both working and not going to school, we should have enough money to replace our clunker vehicles we've been coaxing along for the last year.

So, getting back to how God answers prayers. It was Christmas eve, and I hadn't bought presents for my nephews. So I figured I'd just dart into WalMart and pick something up for the boys. Yeah, right.

So I got my things, including some groceries for Christmas day. It was beginning to rain. I went out to my old jalopy and behold, the thing wouldn't start. Not a peep. Not a peep after 10 minutes of turning the key and stomping on the clutch. Not even a desperate clicking noise like you get when you've left your lights on. I even got out and looked under the hood. I opened it up, looked at the engine, or whatever that stuff is under the hood, and figured I had a terminal case on my hands.

I walked back to the store, thinking I'd call my wife so she could pick me up. But on the way back to the store, I prayed a quick prayer. I said "God, you could make that thing run on water if you wanted. Surely you could make it kick at least one more time. And in praying this, I decided to turn around and go back to the truck to give it one more try.

Behold it started immediately. I was overjoyed. And with such a simple thing as turning the key and expecting my vehicle to start, I was blessed with a simple reminder that God always watches over us.

Made my day.

***Update***

It turns out my truck needed a new starter. I still thank God that the vehicle is still running and that I could afford to replace the part. God continues to provide for me and my family.

Comments:
aww...cool! God really does answer prayers. : )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!