Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

Rappin' with the best of them

I remember listening to rap music during its infancy. I remember listening to bands like the Fat Boys, Run DMC, and Public Enemy back when the music was about fun. Artists had stage names like Ice Cube and Ice Tea and Ice Tray. It was ridiculous.

These days I think it's even more ridiculous. Am I the only one that thinks it's silly that they all spell the titles of their albums with Y's in place of I's and Z's in place of S's.

I've come up with a really cool stage name I could use if I ever became a rap musician. Are you ready for this?

Douglass.

What do you think of that?

Comments:
LOL! "douglass" sounds great. my friend has been a rapper for many years, and his stage name is the one that his parents gave him at birth! people have always seemed perplexed by this because it's a regular, more specifically 'english,' name. it's not " mc big or small somebody," etc.

i'm a teacher, so i have lots of issues with the way they spell their names. our kids are already struggling with spelling and grammar. jeez!

...and no. "foxy brown" is the one who is going deaf. "lil kim" committed perjury (sp?) and will be in jail for a year.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!