Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Psycho Killer and Cornish Hens

Who's a Talking Heads fan? I have a picture of my wife and me with David Byrne hanging over my computer desk.

A lot of bloggers can take the words of this vanguard band to heart. This is from the song "Psycho Killer":

You start a conversation you can't even finish it.
You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything.
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
Say something once, why say it again?


Truly words to live by.

Of course, not everything they ever wrote is pure gold in terms of professing wisdom. How is one supposed to interpret this nugget from "Once in a Lifetime"?

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!


What's my point? I have no idea. I forgot what I was talking about. Anyway, here are a couple of jokes:

--Did you hear about the dumb guy who was so proud of himself for finishing a jigsaw puzzle in under six months? It said on the box "Four years and up".

Warning, the next joke appears vulgar, but I assure you it isn't.

--The other day my wife asked me why you can only buy cornish hens. "Why don't they sell cornish cocks?" she asked me. I said "Who's going to eat a cornish cock?"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!