Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

Joy of Blogging

I love hitting the "next blog" button and surfing blogs, and I've written about some of my observations. While blogs are as unique as the people who write them, I can't help but notice patterns emerging.

For example, I've noticed that the most prolific bloggers seemed to be politically motivated. It makes me wonder about the people who write them. Are they really political in person, and reading their blogs is like being cornered into a conversation with them? Or are they really quiet, not showing their true selves outside the anonymity of cyberspace? It't like they say, "it's always the quiet ones."

I have to admit, I do get annoyed with some of the things I've read. A lot of Christians, (self proclaimed or otherwise), have confused "sharing their faith" with "picking a fight". A lot of his followers forget the fact that the man they are trying to emulate was referred to as the Prince of Peace. I seem to remember a passage in the new testament where Christians are told that they will know other Christians by their love.

Comments:
This reminds me of something I saw in Portland years ago, while I was in college. There was an anti-abortion protest, and I happened to be driving towards downtown not long after it had broken up. While I was sitting at a red light, I saw two men, one carrying a large, wooden cross and the other carrying a large anti-abortion sign, yelling at each other. I remember the guy with the cross shouting "Do not call me evil! Do not call me evil!" He turned to walk away, and the other fella bopped him on the head with the sign.

I don't in any way mean to be disrespectful of people's religious beliefs, but I couldn't help thinking that this was a great example of Darwin's Law in action.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!