Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Saturday, December 03, 2005

 

Jesus and the Indiana house

Who else thinks it is ridiculous that a federal judge has ruled that opening prayers in the Indiana house of representatives may not invoke the name of Jesus?

A friend of mine revealed his relief with the decision. He thinks that pushing a particular religion from the pulpit of the state representative government is "offensive".

I said to my friend that the Constitution doesn't guarantee us the right to not be "offended". He turned his back to me and we didn't speak any more that day.

In a conversation I had with another friend later that day, I said that the governement is "Public", and that the government has no right to interfere with free speech in public. I said that if the government can abridge our right to religion and free speech in that manner, then what other rights are we willing to give away?

This is all in the name of the "separation of church and state". I challenge anyone to show me in the constitution where we are guaranteed a secular government. The first amendment reads as follows: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Comments:
Otho,
You got my vote.
Be Blessed,
Pete
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!