Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Friday, December 30, 2005

 

A houseful to convince me

My wife and I had talked for a long time about adopting kids.

I don't think my wife knew that my aunt had adopted two children until we were at her funeral. I could hear the gears turning.

Then came Christmas at Dad's. He has an annual ritual of serving a giant prime rib, so the kids are sure to come. Along with their kids. Even my sister, whose two-year-old is getting over a stomach flu. Plus, get ready for this, my cousin with her three boys. There were six boys in the house, five of which were under the age of five.

On the way home my wife said, "nothing about tonight convinced me that we should have children."

Well said.

Comments:
this is too funny! i stay on the fence about kids. i teach kids; and though they are adorable, they have a lot of issues!

they can be a pain, but they can also be rewarding. see, there's that "fence thing" again.

you two will figure it out, i'm sure! : )
 
Love your blog. It's a lot funnier than you give yourself credit for. I'll check back often.

And by the way, yes, the MAX now runs from the Portland airport downtown and over to Gresham. Pretty neat.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!