Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Friday, November 04, 2005

 

Violence Proves Nothing

I hate violence.

I hate waste, and violence is pure waste. It's a waste of effort. It's a waste of potential. It's a waste of life.

So I read that rioters in Paris have "doused a woman on crutches with flammable liquid and set her on fire". Also, there is rioting in Argentina where President Bush is attending the "Summit of the Americas".

I'm not impressed by any of the scenes of violence I've seen. It reminds me of when there was rioting a few years ago in Seattle and a Starbucks was ransacked. How does demolishing some poor guy's storefront prove a point about free trade or racial equality? For most of these morons it's nothing more than an excuse to participate in vandalism. A free-for-all.

Tacky.

I'll say this about the president, though. He really, really doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. I love that about him. He really didn't care what anyone thought of him before he was a lame duck either.

Meanwhile, I hope the police don't run out of tear-gas. Law and order used to mean something in France. You think the justice system is cruel here in the United States? France used the guillotine right up until 1977.

But I can't approve of that because I hate violence.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!