Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Saturday, November 26, 2005

 

Dancing Orcs

My wife and I took my mother-in-law to the Lord of the Rings exhibit at the Indiana State museum on Wednesday. I was impressed by the salesmanship of the clerk at the gift shop. He tried to convince me that Gimli's ax would come in handy at my next pinata party. Why not? I went to a birthday party at my brother's house once, and he had a pinata for his son. I tried to convince my nephew that there was candy in the table lamp. My brother was not amused.

They also had a feature at the exhibit that showed how they do computer animation. My wife got to play the role of an animated Orc. She made him dance around. Who knew the spawn of evil had such moves?

They had posters of some of the characters. My wife was disappointed that they didn't have any for sale. They had a poster of Gollum so big his head was four feet tall. I thought it would be charming to have that big leering goblin staring at whomever is unfortunate enough to visit our guest room.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!