Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Friday, August 19, 2005

 

More Bang for the Buck

Work can be such a trial sometimes. As busy as my wife is at work (she’s a dedicated worker), her boss Kevin told her that she hadn’t really seen busy. He said that busy was what they were at the Wal-Mart where he used to work. My wife, (let’s call her “Iris”), said to Kevin, “If I go to Wal-Mart and none of the employees give me the finger, I figure I got pretty good customer service.” How’s that for low expectations?

Iris and I decided we weren’t getting jerked around enough at work, so we decided to go to King’s Island. King’s Island is an amusement park in southern Ohio. It’s the only place in the world, I’ve been told, where you can see Spongebob in 3-D. If you thought he was annoying on TV, just imagine adding another dimension to his absorbency. What really freaked me out was when that painting of the pirate popped out of the screen at me. It was marvelous fun. They staged it in the old theater where they used to have the “Days of Thunder”. Basically you sit in a chair and it bounces around. It’s a little more elaborate than the two vibrating metal ponies in front of the supermarket.

Going to King’s Island on a weekday was pretty awesome, especially since it was raining in the morning when we arrived. Most of the better roller coasters had empty seats on them most of the time. The only time we really had to wait was when we went to the Scooby Doo’s Haunted Castle. That was, like, creepy man.

Once the day was over, we figured that we had ridden eighteen roller coasters for just $22.50 each. That’s only $1.25 per ride. Take that, you stupid Indiana State Fair!

Comments:
That sounds cool--wish we had someplace like that around here. Sometimes you just need to get away and do something fun or funny!
 
Arrgh. I understand, but I think you just have to change your expectations of the fair. My wife and I went the Saturday before it closed and really enjoyed it. Of course, we hadn't been in a few years, but not much had changed. My favorite part of the fair is the exhibition hall with all the vendors. We always stop at the Westbend booth for the food prep demo. This year we bought the vegetable slicer for $230. Since I do all the cooking and we gow a lot of our own veggies, it seemed like a sound investment.
 
Greg,

We enjoy going to the State Fair every year too. I just said that to be funny. But to be honest, the main reason we didn't go to the fair this year was because we were so sore from King's Island.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!