Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

Driving on rainbows and smiles

There has been a lot of talk about the high price of gasoline lately. There’s even been talk (and in Hawaii more than talk) about legislation to fix prices. I think this is just plain ludicrous. Also, I took MSN's little poll and was shocked to see that over 80% of those who took the poll think that there should be a federal gas cap. Don't those people remember the 70's when there were gasoline shortages and rationing? Don't those people remember the long lines and only filling up on odd or even numbered days?

There are alternatives.

I'm no treehugger. I've been a Republican for as long as I have been able to vote. However, as someone who embraces the free market, I will be exuberantly declare that alternatives are available. There are alternatives to gasoline that have fewer toxic effects or political ramifications. Alternatives such as E85 or propane. And who could forget our old friend "walking"?

I see these people on TV complaining about the price of gasoline and it is almost amusing. I wonder if the dealers hoodwinked them by telling them that their new car would run on rainbows and smiles.

My bottom line is, I get frustrated when I hear about people relying on the government to fix their "problems". It breaks my heart to see firsthand how much Americans have developed such an acute sense of entitlement. Personally, I'd rather walk to work than rely upon the government for anything.

Comments:
Amen, brother!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!