Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

Mission Accomplished

I decided to name my blog “The Pros and the Cons” because that’s mostly what my writing is…prose. I tried to write a novel once and it came out sounding like VCR instructions.

I have wild ideas all the time; I just lack the discipline to collate them logically. For example, who else thinks the “Joan of Arcadia” show should have been called “Oh God, It’s Joan”?

These are the types of things that I think about when my mind is really fatigued, like when I’m trying to comprehend modern pop culture. The problem is that most of my best ideas are completely impractical at best. That would explain why nobody has offered a service whereby one can get his cat euthanized and made into a robot. It’s an impractical idea, regardless of how original it may be.

These are the types of issues best left to the realm of fiction. However, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t pull it together. Does that make me a failed writer? So far, there’s no evidence that anyone has read anything I’ve ever written but me. Even my wife is afraid to look at my notebooks. On the other hand, at least I’m writing. And if my goal is simply to write, then, in the words of our beloved president, “mission accomplished”.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!