Daily Bible Verse

Provided by Christ Notes Bible Search

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

Kids First

Here in Indiana, one can get specialized license plates for one’s vehicle. I’m not talking about clever wordings, such as "D8 B8" or "TRUSTNO1" or "I8 AGAIN". I’m talking about the plate itself.

Here in Indiana, one can opt to pay more for a license plate that expresses social concerns, like breast cancer awareness or public safety. The ones for Purdue and Indiana Universities feature their respective team mascots. Except for those, there doesn’t seem to be that much logic behind their choices for the pictures they put on the plates. The one to support the firefighters features the state bird, a cardinal. You might be disappointed to learn that the one for breast cancer awareness features a ribbon. If I had my say, it would at least feature a nice pair of ribbons. Who doesn’t like a nice pair?

The ones featuring state universities make more sense to me. I have, however, noticed something about them, and you can tell me if I’m mistaken. It seems all the ones I see featuring IU are bolted to Hondas; usually Accords. The ones for Purdue are a mixed bag, however, I do see them on a lot of German cars.

The one plate that amuses me the most is the one that says “Kids First”. I have no idea what that means. The plate features multi-colored lettering and two brightly colored hand-prints. That one I invariably see on the backs of vans driven by road-raged PTA moms. As I watch the “Kids First” vans tear diagonally through parking lots, I wonder if by “Kids First” they mean “Kids First” to fly through the windshield as Mom t-bones a Honda driven by an IU grad.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!